I attended a great session at the Bridge Conference led by Jessica Harrington from Schultz & Williams and Melissa Jiminson from the International Campaign for Tibet (ICT). Here are 7 of their best ideas on how to raise more without breaking the bank:
1. Auto fill online donation forms with prior gift amounts and appropriate upgrades
2. Upgrade low dollar donors with a single symbolic ask amount—e.g. $19.88 for year you were founded
3. Drive people online in your mailings. Direct mail donors will increase their average gift when they give online.
4. Ask your monthly sustainers to upgrade—moving them up just $5 dollars a month results in an additional $60 annually.
5. Add lightboxes to your website home page during key fundraising periods such as year end or during a matching gift drive.
6. Increase fundraising messaging in social media channels, coordinate messaging with direct mail and email campaigns.
7. Use the word “renew” more.
Thanks Jessica and Melissa for a great session and for lending your time and expertise to the Bridge Conference!
– Posted by Kathy Swayze, CFRE