Gift Planning Strategy and Communications at Impact
At Impact Communications, we have had the privilege of helping hundreds of people fulfill their wishes to make the world a better place by leaving a gift to charity. Few things are more fulfilling than helping someone create a legacy gift that will carry on their values for generations to come.
These experiences drive our philosophy that excellence in gift planning stems from putting the donor’s needs and preferences first. We help you develop strategies and policies to further your mission while helping donors accomplish their legacy goals. We use everyday language in our marketing that highlights the financial and emotional benefits to the donor. And we believe that working directly with donors to achieve their dreams is a privilege that must be handled with the utmost care. Please contact us for a free consultation to determine the best solution for your gift planning needs.
Gift Planning Marketing
- Design and implementation of an annual plan to chart marketing details and track progress
- Strategic segmentation and versioning of marketing materials to optimize movement towards gifts
- Mailings – life income gifts, revocable gifts, legacy society recruitment and stewardship
- Ads for magazines and newsletters
- Collateral material such as booklets, brochures and fact sheets
- Legacy society stewardship letters, cards and recognition
- Review and formulation of gift acceptance policies
- Recommendations and implementation of a system for gift and estate administration
- Performance objectives, measurement tools, metrics & reports
- Short and long-range budgeting & planning
- Branding and sub-branding
- Comprehensive gift planning program review and recommendations including policies & procedures, staffing, metrics, marketing and stewardship
- Marketing review and recommendations
- Donor and gift stewardship review and recommendations
Training and Coaching for Boards, Staff and Volunteers in Groups and One-On-One Sessions
- Importance of gift planning programs
- How to identify, cultivate and solicit a planned giving donor
- Closing planned gifts
- Best practices in marketing
- Basics of gift planning
- Advanced gift planning topics
Individual Donor Development
- Proposal writing
- Visits and calls with donors – we will help you prepare for a visit or call, go on the visit with you or visit with your donors on your behalf
Gift Planner On-Call to implement your marketing plans and interact with your donors on a short-term or long-term basis when you are short-staffed
Consulting options include hourly and project-based agreements, and retainer relationships.
If you’d like to discuss how we can help your organization maximize planned gifts, please contact Meg Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 202-543-7671.